Quake II VR v2.0.0 Alpha
Released May 15th, 2017
Authors / Contributors for Q2VR:
- Luke Groeninger – Quake II VR project
- Malcolm Smith – This release (CV1 + partial Touch support + other updates)
Important Note: This version targets the Oculus SDK only, not Steam VR. It may work with the Vive in conjunction with Revive, but it hasn’t been tested.
There are 3 different versions you can get:
Binaries-only (no HD textures; if you already own Quake 2) – quake2vr-2.0.0-bin.zip
If you don’t own Quake 2, you can get the version with the shareware .pak included: quake2vr-2.0.0-shareware.zip (Alternate, non mega.nz link)
Binaries + HD textures, music, mods, and shareware levels: quake2vr-2.0.0-full.zip
New in this version:
- Oculus CV1 (consumer version) support with LibOVR 1.12
- Partial Oculus Touch support. Touch can be used as a gamepad input. Additionally, if “VR Controller Support” is enabled in the game options (VR section) (enabled by default for right-hand aiming), the Touch controllers can be used to aim weapons (orientation only). Positional weapon tracking is not supported.
But to be clear, you can aim with the Touch controllers.
- VR Comfort Turning (enabled by default, 45 degree increments). Can be disabled in game options, VR section. There are also two new console commands “comfortturn_left” and “comfortturn_right”, so comfort turning can be used in conjunction with more aimmodes; bound to DPad Left and Right by default.
- Experimental VR auto-crouch feature (disabled by default), which lets you crouch in real-life to trigger in-game crouch. May be buggy. To enable, type ‘vr_autocrouch 1’ at the console
- VR Supersampling (Render Target Multiplier, Pixels per Display Pixel Override) can be set explicitly in game options (VR, Advanced).
- Projected HUD/2D UI elements
- Decoupled view and aiming
- Full configuration of VR settings through menus
- Native support for the Oculus Rift
- Xbox 360 / Xinput compatible gamepad support
- Regular / 2D mode if VR is disabled, or no Rift is detected
- Multiplayer should work (deathmatch or CTF)